Sunday, February 16, 2014

A weekend filled with lots of reading, sounds like Heaven to me . . .

So here’s the latest in my writing/ reading world! I have had the privilege of reading two amazing books this weekend and because of it, little writing got done. BUT I’m told by many a successful Authors, that reading is a very important tool in honing your craft of writing! Sounds like a good excuse to me J So what amazing books had me reading for 2 days straight, you ask? Glad you asked. Glad you asked my friends. These two books are written by two of my favorite authors, Annette Lyon and Sarah M. Eden.

Without spoiling the story for you, I will just share my quick review of them. And hopefully you will want to read them too! Okay here goes.

Lost Without You is an incredible story about love, faith and commitment. Once again Annette Lyon has woven a story that instantly pulls you in and keeps you hooked until the last page. Her characters reactions and emotions are so real, they grip at your heart strings, leaving you cheering for them until end. There were so many times while I was reading this book where I felt like I was actually there and when I was forced to put it down the story stuck with me until I could get back to it. What I love most, is the real life issues that are dealt with in the story. Things that stop and make you think “Wow. That would be really hard. I wonder what I would do?” I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, but especially those who love a faith inspiring story. You most certainly will not be disappointed! Well done Annette! Well done.

 
Longing for Home: Hope Springs is the amazing conclusion to Sarah M. Eden’s book Longing For Home. After waiting for nearly a year to read this sequel, I can tell you that I was not disappointed in the least. Woven with a deep history of the Irish and many of the hardships they endured, the tender love story grips at your heart and make you read page after page just to find out what will happen next. The characters inside the pages of this book come alive and you become so invested in the story that you will feel like you are actually there. For anyone who loves reading book set in a time when this country was still young, you will love this book! But seeing how it is a sequel, I highly recommend that you read the first book before reading this one. But if that is the case, be prepared to read this book immediately after because the first book as just as good as this one and it will leave you wanting more. Thank goodness Sarah wrote this one! Thanks for creating another amazing book Sarah! I enjoyed it thoroughly!


I’ve included the links to these book below. So go read them! I promise you will not be disappointed!



Until next time, keep writing and reading!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment