Tuesday, September 10, 2019

I'm Back...


The title says it all. I'm back. But from where you might ask?

To make a long story short, back in 2014 I was very active on the web and actively trying to get my book Timeless Grace published. In the writing community I was attending as many conferences, classes and writing gatherings as possible. Then suddenly I was gone. No more blog posts, no more updates on my author Facebook page. I was just gone.

It was hard time to say the least. I went through several surgeries when my left kidney failed and had to eventually be removed. Then my right kidney began to decline. Not only that but we had two dear family members pass away within six months of each other. It was a difficult few years and I'd be lying if I said I didn't go through some depression in there as well. As a result, my writing was put on hold for a while. 

But I'm happy to say I'm back now. My health is doing great and my creative juices are flowing. Not only that, but I'm excited to share that a few months ago I completed another book. It’s titled Forever Tomorrows. After spending the summer editing and revising, I took the leap and it is now on submission to a few agents. I'm taking my time, trying to be selective in order to find the perfect one for my book and hopefully, fingers crossed, they will find my book the perfect fit for them.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about it at this point because I want to take the time later on go a little more in depth when I tell you about it but suffice it to say I'm more excited and passionate about this book than I have ever been with anything I have written before. This is one I will fight for. It's one I believe in. One that I think could change other people lives. Or at least I hope it can.  

That's probably enough for now. But know that I’m hoping to get on here at least a couple of times a week to write a little something. I can't say that I'm some incredible blogger, because I really am not. But the most important thing to remember is this blog is about my writing journey. It always has been. Good or bad, it will all be one here. So, for now, I just wanted to say hi and tell you all I'm happy and excited to be back. 

I hope you all will continue to follow me as I continue on this crazy journey and hopefully, we will all learn a little something along the way.

Until then my friends, keep dreaming because if there is one thing I have learned over these last few years, just because our dreams get put on hold, it doesn’t mean we have to give them up.

Good night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. We all have times like this. Glad to see you are back. I am sure the right publisher will come along and cherish your book. I cannot wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete